Friday, May 25, 2012

Decorating With Yard Sale Finds




This large chest is a Leopold Stickley Cherry Valley Original.  It has a value of $300-600.

I paid $7 at a yard sale.  You don't have to know allot about furniture to get good quality pieces at yard sales.  This one still has the makers sticker on the inside! 

When I go out looking for finds I normally just slow down and see if there is any pieces of furniture.  If I only see baby clothes and toys I don't stop. 

Allot of people are just trying to get rid of what they do not want and don't realize that the old dresser that their grandma gave them is actually worth something.

The saying that one mans trash is another mans treasure is true today more than ever.

Here in middle America the mid century modern craze has gone unnoticed.  If anyone here had an Eames chair they would probably give it to you if they had not thrown it out already.

This is not to say that we are not sophisticated.  I think we look for value, comfort and traditional pieces over any trends.

No comments:

Post a Comment