This blog will probably upset allot of moms who work outside the home.
How does a mom find balance between working outside the home and having a family? Honestly she doesn't. There will always have to be sacrifices. I worked for years and missed my daughters school parties, dance classes and other activities to numerous to count.
When my daughter asked me to attend a function my response was always the same, "Mommy has to work". But did I really have to work? No. I thought I had to work because I thought I had to have a new car every year and everything else that the money I brought into the household paid for.
When I was trying to make the decision to quit working and stay at home I looked at the cost of commuting, clothes for the office, dry cleaning, grabbing lunch, and of course grabbing dinner because I was too tired to cook for my family at least twice a week.
I found that I was spending most of the money I made just to pay for the job that I had. I downsized my new car to a used more economical car and just cut costs across the board. The coupon craze is old hat to most stay at home moms. We have learned for years how to save money and look at things more from an economical viewpoint instead of convenience.
Stay at home moms are pretty resourceful. We tend to pool our resources from each other. We as a group know which mom is talented in what area and we hire or barter services from each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment